Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Digital Solutions Representative
As part of Fastly’s Sales team you will be in charge of closing opportunities in high-growth accounts within a clearly defined territory. You will respond to inbound demand that meets the aforementioned criteria and work those opportunities from initial qualification to close.
You will execute on the account plan to deliver maximum revenue while managing complete and complex sales-cycles, often presenting to stakeholders the value of our platform. Building and utilizing deal frameworks to help guide the customer and affect control over the sales cycle are paramount. You will structure and execute daily plans to maximize phone time, including preparing for calls by leveraging Sales Engineer resources, and debriefing the team on outcome and next steps. As a DSR, you will be able to speak to our terms of service in the context of light redline conversations or issues, make outbound calls to build funnel outside of your inbound inquiries, and forecast sales activity and revenue using SFDC -- all while creating satisfied customers and maintaining customer love. This role, once proficiency is reached, will prepare you for the succeeding Sr. Digital Solutions Representative seat.
What You'll Do
- Consistently exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales quota by educating potential customers on Fastly features, products and services.
- Fully develop opportunities by performing data gathering on prospects and their use cases, and taking stock of current CDN and WAF use cases and any in-play ancillary technologies.
- Identify the technical team and the evaluating team, commercial stakeholders, timeline and extant use case. Manage all aspects of the sales cycle, leverage resources when appropriate and determine what Fastly services or features are appropriate based on data gathering.
- Develop rapport and relationships with the C-Suite, in addition to evaluators.
- Build Deal Frameworks for all deals set to close, including necessary stakeholders, deliverables and timelines. Coordinate evaluation and POC. Communicate compelling events to sales leadership as they arise.
- Identify prospects’ issues and clearly articulate them to management. Also provide potential solutions and alternatives to address those issues, utilizing the Fastly value prop against extant use cases.
- Develop and maintain daily plans to maximize phone time, including pre-call planning.
- Produce quotes and coordinate redline conversations in response to legal issues.
- Work with Sales Engineering, Marketing, and/or Product Teams when appropriate.
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of related experience.
- Proven track record of success and ability to thrive in a metrics-driven sales culture.
- Curiosity and a desire to understand a customer’s industry/business and meet their unarticulated and unmet needs.
- Demonstrates an insatiable appetite to learn and improve.
- Fearless attitude and a willingness to take intelligent risks.
- Sense of urgency.
- Ability to get things done despite obstacles or challenges.
- Eagerness to work hard, exceed expectations and outperform quotas.
We value a variety of voices, so this is not a laundry list. It would be an added bonus if you have experience in ANY of these:
- Enterprise software and/or SaaS solutions expertise strongly preferred
- Experience selling into Enterprise customers
- Previous Sales Methodology training, CRM experience, and strong customer references preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science a plus
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.