The Developer Relations Education team seeks a technical writer to compose documentation, tutorials, and other materials for our platform's newest features and frequent evolutions. You’ll work with our product, design, and engineering teams to make api.slack.com a delightful learning experience.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking, and above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Write, edit, and manage schedules for delightful and engaging long-form documentation, written in a mix of markdown & JSON
- Supervise and scale the collection and resolution of documentation feedback and requests
- Regularly contribute to and improve our existing developer content
- Triage and prioritize documentation issues and projects
- Improve the Slack developer experience by improving our custom CMS or by getting involved in one of many cross-functional opportunities
What you should have
- 2-4 years experience in developer relations, developer support, and/or writing documentation for developer-focused software
- Strong writing and editorial skills
We also prefer but don’t require
- Experience developing against the Slack platform
- Familiarity with API specification formats like OpenAPI
- Creative writing background
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $86,800. You may also be entitled to receive bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/
Slack is a messaging app for business which lets you organize conversations into channels so everyone moves faster and stays in sync. It’s a platform that connects everyone in your business—employees, customers, and partners— securely with each other and integrates easily with apps you use every day to get work done. And everything happens, using any device, within a digital workspace that’s super easy to use.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.