Back To All Remote Jobs View All Data Science Jobs
Data Science Engineer - (Xapo)
Xapo Full Time Data Science
Remote Job Description
Xapo is a global fintech start-up on a mission to build a safe and global way to use money. We’re a fully distributed team, working remotely from more than 40 countries around the world.
We’re seeking a collaborative, proactive problem-solver to join us as Data Science Engineer at Xapo. This full-time position is remote, meaning you can work from anywhere!
As Data Science Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Design and build data structures on MPP platforms like AWS RedShift, Google BigQuery and or Druid.io.
- Design and build highly scalable data pipelines using AWS tools like Glue (Spark based), Data Pipeline, Lambda.
- Translate complex business requirements into scalable technical solutions.
- Collaborate with the team on building dashboards, using Self-Service tools like Apache Superset, Google Data Studio, Tableau and data analysis to support the business.
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams and work on solutions that have a larger impact on Xapo business.
- In-depth understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience in designing and building dimensional data models to improve accessibility, efficiency, and quality of data.
- Experience in designing and developing ETL data pipelines.
- Proficient in writing Advanced SQLs, Expertise in performance tuning of SQLs.
- Programming experience in building high-quality software. Python or Scala preferred.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- Work/project experience with big data and advanced programming languages.
- Experience using Java, Spark, Hive, Oozie, Kafka, NiFi and Map Reduce.
- Work experience with AWS tools to process data (DMS, Glue, Pipeline, Kinesis, Lambda, etc).
- Work experience with Google Cloud tools to store and visualize data (BigQuery, Data Studio).
- Experience with or advanced courses on data science and machine learning.
- A dedicated workspace.
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area.
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications.
- Alignment with Our Values.
WHY WORK FOR XAPO?
IMPACT GLOBALLY, WORK REMOTELY.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology
- Own Your Success: Receive attractive remuneration, enjoy an autonomous work culture and flexible hours, apply your expertise to meaningful work every day
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high performance team
Xapo was founded to address two of the biggest issues with Bitcoin’s success and adoption—accessibility and security. In less than 4 years, it has managed to bring the cryptocurrency to the everyday life of millions of users around the globe.
Today, Xapo is expanding beyond Bitcoin to create a robust banking alternative that provides the same level of accessibility and security to all facets of your financial life. Because no matter who we are or where we’re from, we all deserve the opportunity to have more options, more control and more security in our financial lives.
Launched in 2014, Xapo has made an unparalleled investment in security infrastructure, assembled a renowned advisory board, and raised $40M from top venture capital firms in Silicon Valley & the world.
Xapo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives is critical to our success as a global company. A diverse, inclusive workplace enables us to create products that best serve our customers all around the world. It is the foundation of Xapo.Apply for this job