- Vida Health
- Full Time
Remote Job Description
*We are considering candidates ranging from mid to senior level.
We are looking for a Data Engineer who can help us build, manage, and optimize Vida Health’s data pipelines within our Google Cloud Platform (GCP) environment. From measuring Vida’s impact on healthcare costs to correlating member activities with successful health outcomes, you’ll have a substantial impact on projects whose results can lead to changes in product design and member experience. Our data strategy is Polychronic by Design, meaning we leverage population data insights to help members with multiple interrelated chronic conditions throughout their lifetime.
Because Vida is a startup, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a diverse set of projects that involve multiple parts of our data infrastructure. One of your responsibilities will be to connect all our sources of data such as claims data and app data while making the data structured and accessible for analysis and other ELT pipelines. You’ll also work on optimizing our ELT pipelines, including our ML pipelines which deliver recommendations and predictions that influence the member and health provider’s experience on the platform.
You’ll have the pleasure of working with a team who is excited about providing care to people living with chronic conditions. We also have experts in health care who are an invaluable resource for learning more about the health domain. We hope that you’ll consider embarking on this journey into polychronic health care with us.
- Design the foundational layer of Vida Health’s data environment to make data standardized and reusable
- Manage the infrastructure of our Data Platform alongside your peers.
- Manage data pipelines that collect and transform data from multiple sources to support ML models, analysis, and reportingBuild out the infrastructure to serve Machine Learning models and recommendations for our Application and business users.
- Work with Data Analysts and Data Scientists to design data architectures that will improve the productivity and velocity of both teams’ workflows
- Optimize the costs of data pipelines and data products
- Define and meet service-level agreements (SLAs) for data pipeline processes and ML-powered APIs
- Work with serving Large Language Models (LLMs) in a healthcare environment.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Advanced knowledge of: Data Warehouses, SQL, Python, REST APIs
- Track record of standardizing data for analysis on BI tools or delivering ML applications
- Experience managing enterprise data exchanges, Analytics ETL, or ML Ops.
- Has a relentless focus on delivering maximum value to the end user
- Has an ownership mindset and is excited about monitoring and alerting on their systems
- Has at least 5+ years of relevant work experience in Data Engineering or similar roles
- Database tools such as BigQuery, Datastore, and Firestore
- Asynchronous systems such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, PubSub, and Kinesis
- Workflow orchestration services such as Apache Airflow
- ETL Tools such as DBT, Matillion, Snowplow, Fivetran, Stitch, and Talend
- Self-service BI tools such as Datastudio, Looker, Amplitude, and Tableau
- HIPAA and healthcare data such as Medical and RX claims
- Management and/or team lead experience preferred
- Manage infrastructure with tools like Terraform, puppet, or chef
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 80% for your dependents)
- Healthcare FSA Plan
- Dependent Care FSA Plans
- Commuter and Parking Benefits
- 401K Program
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- 10 Paid Company Holidays
- We’re a distributed company, so you can work from most US states (We still have a HQ office in San Francisco)
- Access to a Vida Health Coach and the full Vida App
- New hire home office stipend
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Training and leadership development programs
- Weekly meetups with team members across the country through our #connectandcommit program
- Quarterly All Company Events
- Quarterly Team Based Connection Opportunities
- Significant opportunities for growth and development as the business grows