Back To All Remote Jobs View All Analyst Jobs
Data Analyst Intern - Petal
Petal Internship Analyst Remote-US
Remote Job Description
We bring the same ingenuity to our credit card products. Our simple and intuitive app gives members access to credit score tracking, budgeting tools, subscription management, and automated payment options—everything they need to make financial progress.
Now more than ever, Americans need help improving their credit safely, responsibly, and affordably. If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, apply now, and let’s change this trillion-dollar industry together.
At Petal, we're looking for people with kindness, positivity, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and potential will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Petal, we welcome diverse perspectives from people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions.
Data Analyst Intern
Data is at the core of what we do at Petal. We are looking for a strong data-driven intern who is interested in working on several discrete projects for our Analytics function.
This internship will be roughly 12 weeks long, starting in January. It could be framed as part-time, with a minimum of 25 hours/week.
- Develop analyses to drive data-informed decisions and roadmap
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to determine important analytics needs for various teams, both reactively and proactively
- Explore data with curiosity to find insights and make marketing and product recommendations through funnels, cohort analyses, long-term trends, user segmentation, regression models, and more
- Build dashboards to monitor the performance of our marketing campaigns and the health and performance of our products
- Assist in conducting market research and analyzing results
Characteristics of ideal candidate:
- BS or close to completing a degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Highly fluent in SQL and Excel, experience in R, Python for data analysis is a big plus
- Strong knowledge of statistics including A/B and multivariate testing and Bayesian statistics
- Able to work remotely for a minimum of 25 hours/week.
- Willingness to get your hands dirty with messy data to identify marketing opportunities and uncover insights
- Self-starter and someone who will dig in without being asked to
- Resourceful and diligent in research, with an ability to identify what needs to be done and how to make it happen.
For our California employment information privacy statement, please click here.Apply for this job