Back To All Remote Jobs View All Data Analyst Jobs
Data Analyst - (Imperfect Foods)
Imperfect Foods Full Time Data Analyst Remote-US
Remote Job Description
Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.
About the Role:
Imperfect is looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join the Business Intelligence team. You will deliver analyses and provide insights that impact the entire company. This role requires a strong level of analytical horsepower and communication skills to effectively analyze and tell the story behind the data. We’re excited to have you uncover opportunities to deliver an ideal customer experience and effectively reach customers to continue to fight food waste within our food system.
- Provide metrics reporting, data-driven analyses, and insights for strategic business initiatives, while maintaining analytics roadmap to prioritize initiatives, communicate timelines, and ensure successful, timely completion of deliverables
- Support ongoing analysis and weekly metrics to better understand Imperfect’s customer through survey, behavioral, and purchase data
- Analyze metrics, such as retention and LTV, for various customer segments, acquisition channels, and markets
- Collaborate with the teams across the company to identify impactful business problems and translate them into structured analyses, actionable insights, and reports and dashboards
- Assist with the development and deployment of analytical tools and develop custom models to track key metrics, uncover insights in the data, and automate analyses
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years experience in a data analysis role
- Airtight quantitative skills including expert proficiency with SQL
- Experience working with large data sets and cleaning data to ensure proper data quality
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with the ability to transform data into a story for different audiences and various stakeholders
- Adept at turning analyses into actionable recommendations for the business
- Bonus: Proficiency with statistical modeling tools, data visualization tools, other analysis languages (Python, R), data pipelines, and ETL
- You love all things data
- You’re a self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- You’re excited and ready to join a fast-paced and flexible startup environment
- You’re passionate about Imperfect’s mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of the Position:
- Full-time, exempt position reports to the Director of Business Intelligence
- Candidate can be remotely located within the US
- Salary and stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.Apply for this job