Customer Engineer, Data Analytics
- Full Time
- $100K - $200K
Remote Job Description
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You listen and deliver what is most helpful for the customer. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
As a Customer Engineer, you will work cross-functionally to introduce Google Cloud to customers. You will help prospective customers, existing customers, and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, develop creative cloud solutions, assist architectures to solve their business challenges, and problem-solve any potential technical roadblocks.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $118,000-$177,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Support local Sales teams in pursuit of key business opportunities and engage with customers to address aspects of the data lifecycle.
- Identify business and technical requirements, conduct full technical discovery, and architect client solutions to meet gathered requirements.
- Take responsibility for leading technical projects, technology advocacy, supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Work directly with Google Cloud Platform products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments. Travel as needed for meetings, technical reviews, and onsite delivery activities.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight the Google Cloud Platform value proposition, using techniques that include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, and request for information (RFI) response documents.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
Remote locations: Ohio, USA; Michigan, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in virtualization or cloud native architectures in a customer-facing or support role.
- Experience with traditional analytic warehouse solutions, Big Data technologies, real time streaming, performance, and scalability optimizations.
- Experience with cloud computing (e.g., cloud market, competitive dynamics), and delivering technical presentations or public speaking.
- Experience with architecture design, implementing, tuning, schema design, and query optimization of scalable and distributed systems.
- Experience with developing data warehousing, data lakes, batch/real-time event processing, streaming, data processing, data migrations, data visualization tools, and data governance on cloud native architectures.
- Experience working with cloud computing, data, information life-cycle management, and Big Data.
- Knowledge of all aspects of cloud computing (e.g., infrastructure, storage, platforms, and data), cloud market, competitive dynamics, and customer buying behavior.