This role will be our third in-house real estate attorney and will report to the Director, Real Estate Counsel. This attorney will partner with teams across DoorDash, including our Real Estate and New Business teams, as well as Legal, Finance and Policy teams to provide legal guidance on real estate zoning matters, including the expansion of DoorDash’s business into new markets. You will be responsible for supporting the growth of our real estate portfolio to help our business scale.
About the Team
DoorDash is hiring an exceptional business-minded lawyer to join our Legal Team as Real Estate Counsel. You will have a unique opportunity to take on wide-ranging responsibilities, with ownership of projects that make an immediate impact on a fast-growing, dynamic business.
We’ve built a strong reputation within the company for our confident, supportive approach to counseling, always with a bias for action. We’re team players and we’re always looking for ways to grow and excel together. Join us!
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Advise on zoning laws, building ordinances, construction permits and other land use issues with the support of outside counsel as needed.
- Be involved in strategic discussions that impact the development of DoorDash’s real estate portfolio.
- Actively engage in a legal function that handles all real estate legal matters.
We're excited about you because…
- You hold a JD degree from an ABA-accredited law school and are a member in good standing of at least one state bar (preference for California State Bar membership, but not required).
- You have 3+ years of substantive land use or commercial real estate experience with a corporate/in-house legal department or a top tier law firm.
- You are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and have prioritized participating in DEI initiatives in past roles.
- You are excited to take on new challenges and don’t shy away from the unknown.
- You take an Owner’s approach and have a can-do attitude.
- Partnership and collaboration come easily to you.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.