Back To All Remote Jobs View All Legal Jobs
Corporate Counsel - (Confluent)
Confluent Full Time Legal Remote-US
Remote Job Description
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
About the Role
This is an opportunity to join an exceptionally strong and growing legal team in one of Silicon Valley's most well regarded and fastest growing start-ups. This position is responsible for supporting Confluent’s corporate and securities initiatives, expansion efforts, and mergers and acquisitions work. Candidates require a general corporate background, good judgment, a strong work ethic, and an interest in building relationships with cross-functional partners. This position reports to a Managing Counsel on the Confluent Legal Team.
Remote candidates welcome; cover letter strongly recommended.
What you'll do
- Serve as a primary point of contact within Confluent on general corporate, governance, and securities matters
- Manage and participate in all stages of the M&A lifecycle with limited supervision, including drafting term sheets, reviewing diligence, negotiating documentation, advising on regulatory considerations, and assisting with post-deal integration efforts
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including in the Finance, Accounting, Tax, People, and Marketing functions
- Manage outside counsel
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of experience working as an attorney, including at a top-tier law firm
- JD from a top-tier law school
- Strong background in securities laws and experience with IPO readiness
- Comfortable negotiating and managing M&A transactions
- Familiarity with public company reporting requirements
- Active member of a state bar, preferably California
- Strong analytical skills and high ethical standards
- Willingness to work cross-functionally and on projects that are new and/or unfamiliar
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and successfully manage multiple internal clients with competing priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- An approachable, friendly, and professional demeanor
Additional highly desirable experience
- In-house experience at a high-growth start-up
- Interest in, and experience with, operational compliance work (OFAC, FCPA, etc.)
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Apply for this job