Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube’s Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
In this role, you will lead a team responsible for ensuring that our content is appropriately rated, providing better experiences for users of all ages and ensuring YouTube remains an inclusive and safe platform for all. You will work alongside product and engineering stakeholders to implement effective and scalable rating mechanisms and systematically optimize internal processes to balance user safety while protect creator voices.
This role will be exposed to graphic, controversial, and/or upsetting content.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $190,000-$285,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google
- Leverage people management, mentoring, and coaching experience to lead a Global team of diverse experts.
- Work closely with all the global vendor operation leads on shaping direction and resource allocation for content review operations.
- Prepare presentations and clearly communicate initiatives to management and to the broader organization and liaise with policy, Public Relation, and Legal teams to craft and implement process solutions to emerging trends.
- Manage and shape relationships with partnering Product and Engineering teams on product launches, including tools and classifier development, research and experimentation, and data and analytics.
- Ability to work non-standard hours, weekends, holidays, and shift-based schedules.
This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
- 10 years of experience in content policy, anti-abuse, or customer support operations
- Experience reviewing content, answering user questions, or working with vendors.
- Experience as a thought leader and team lead or people manager in a problem solving , anti-abuse environment (e.g., content abuse, spam, or other behavioral abuse).
- Ability to work in a rapidly-changing industry and manage ambiguity while minimizing uncertainty through quantitative insights.
- Ability to lead a team to frame problems, structure analyses, and drive impact.
- Ability to build effective relationships with cross-functional partners across geographies.
- Excellent business judgment, influencing, and communication skills.
- Excellent strategic and problem-solving skills.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: New York, NY, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Washington D.C., DC, USA; San Bruno, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.