Do you love content marketing? If so, Very is looking for someone like you! The Content Marketing Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of a content calendar with a broad array of goals, including organic website growth, lead generation, sales enablement, and product marketing support. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Brand, this collaborative role will work closely with the demand gen, brand, and events teams to help fuel our growth.
Very has been a remote company since before it became normal — 2011, to be exact. We’ve built a collaborative, tight-knit team that thrives, whether we’re hanging out in person at our annual retreat or coordinating work across time zones. The results show that we’re doing something right. In 2020, we were named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces, Parity.org
's Best Companies for Women to Advance List, and Fatherly’s Best Places to Work for Dads.
Clients like Vizio, Clear, iHeart Radio, Complex Media, Shopkeep, and more come to us for answers to their thorniest questions. We bring them a world-class product team that delivers end-to-end IoT solutions.
Lead content marketing for Very with responsibility for the following:
• Research, edit, and write compelling customer success stories (case studies)
• Write and copy edit editorial content with SEO, content categorization, and success measurement best practices in mind
• Coordinate production of Very’s podcast, along with all related materials
• Manage digital content hubs, such as social media channels and newsletter, along with their strategies
• Work closely with sales, product marketing, and demand gen to produce high-quality content for each function’s unique needs
• Identify content goals and continuously optimize for best content performance
• Assist in crafting a content marketing strategy and editorial calendar based on customer insights, launches, events, and business priorities
• Ensure content is aligned to company strategy and brand guidelines
The successful candidate will be enterprising, collaborative, and personable and have these qualifications:
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Proactive mindset and eagerness to continually learn and improve
• Skilled at storytelling and a champion of the brand
• Proven success in B2B content marketing with an understanding of goal setting, KPI measurement, and reporting
• Experience with Hubspot or other marketing automation software
• Familiar with a project management tool like Wrike or similar software
• Experience working in a fast-paced, always changing environment
• Experience taking initiative, working independently and actively to resolve issues, and taking ownership of projects and processes
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or Management
• Familiarity with the Internet of Things (IoT) space preferred
• Five years of experience in content creation and management
How You’ll Be Compensated
We believe in a transparent, fair compensation structure and have developed our own open salary formula. Depending on your skills and experience, you can expect your base compensation to be somewhere between $70,000 and $80,000 upon joining the company. We also offer annual performance bonuses, healthcare, 401K matching, a generous maternity/paternity leave policy, and numerous other employee benefits including a company-provided laptop and reimbursement for home office equipment.