The Content Marketing Manager advances Fastly’s story through thoughtfully crafted content that supports our brand and business goals. As a member of Fastly’s brand marketing team, you’ll lead collaborative efforts with several cross-functional teams to conceptualize, produce, and execute content-led programs that build brand awareness and affinity, and generate leads.
The ideal candidate is highly skilled at finding unique story angles, having empathy for their audience, and translating the technical into universal insights. Know a great idea when you have one? Amazing. Understand how to strike a balance between upholding an idea’s integrity and adapting it to tell the right story? Even better! You’ll excel in this role if you’re a natural collaborator and multi-tasker, eager to dive right in and own the process of brainstorming, writing, and editing. Your primary goals will be driving trust and preference of Fastly. But of course, you'll take ownership over the coveted Fastly voice across all that you do.
What You'll Do
- Develop content across multiple mediums and channels (ebooks, reports, white papers, email, ads, blog, landing pages, events, video)
- Get tuned into the Fastly brand story, stay on top of industry developments, news, and trends; strategically bring these two sides together to pitch and create timely, relevant, and ownable content.
- Conduct research and interviews to build content around a differentiated point of view
- Proactively connect with partners; schedule and hold meetings to drive plans and projects to completion
- Act as a strategic content partner on cross-functional programs, working directly with those teams accountable for activating and promoting your content to set objectives, key performance indicators, handoff expectations, and deadlines.
- Function as an in-house content authority and advisor by educating and influencing others on content plans and objectives
- Scale content production by finding opportunities for expanding or atomizing content, and working with contractors and vendors
- Ensure integrity of our brand narrative in your writing and editing (voice, style, tone)
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years writing and driving content marketing programs for B2B brands at a fast-paced company or agency
- Experience performing research with and acquiring insights from a variety of sources — from industry publications to customer interviews
- Meticulous attention to detail with outstanding proofreading, fact-checking, and editing skills
- Ability to present complex technical concepts in a clear and compelling manner
- Ability to get inside the mind of our target prospect/customer personas, and tailor messages for that particular audience — from ads to landing pages to event collateral, and beyond
- Can closely collaborate with design to shape, define, or adapt to the creative direction; provides great care for how copy works with the design
- Great teammate with outstanding communication skills and a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic; comfortable seeking out relevant internal and external subject matter authorities and helping shape content opportunities with them
- A propensity for project management and interpersonal communication; comfortable juggling multiple projects, delivering them on time and on budget
- Flexibility to work with a globally distributed team, coordinating across locations and timezones
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Technical Marketing, Computer Science, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience is preferred
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.