Communications Manager - (Fastly)
Fastly Part Time Marketing Remote-Canada Remote-UK Remote-Australia Remote-South & Central America Remote-Asia Remote-Africa
Remote Job Description
Fastly helps the world’s most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, and The New York Times.
We’re seeking a skilled, empathetic, and self-motivated storyteller with excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for creating experiences that engage, connect, & inspire the amazing humans who make up Fastly and our community. You are a talented, highly organized writer with a knack for getting to the heart of things, making complex information accessible, keeping projects on track in a fast-paced environment, and facilitating fresh, creative thinking. Join a growing team of purposeful marketing professionals focused on challenging traditional thinking and making the inner workings of the internet accessible for a wide audience.
- Support and influence the development and execution of internal communication strategies in partnership with Marketing & Human Resources, managing projects from start to finish
- Support crisis communications in partnership with our engineering, security, corporate communications, and legal teams
- Help grow, manage, and evolve Fastly’s community programs, finding meaningful new ways to make a positive impact
- Manage and prioritize inbound media requests, including press and customer references
- Grow and maintain our internal repository of customer quotes, stories, and data trends
- Coordinate speaker training and help develop crisp, authentic messaging for our executive spokespeople
- Coordinate and support press events, including panels, firesides, salon dinners
What We're Looking For
- 3-5 years public relations experience, either in-house or agency-side
- A bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Business or a related discipline
- A superlative command of written language, brilliant communication skills, high standards for excellence, patience, positivity, drive, holistic thinking, and hands-on creativity
- The ability to hit tight deadlines and calmly change direction on a dime
- A passion for streamlining - you are highly organized, articulate, and communicative, with air-tight judgment
- Experience in change and/or crisis management
- Proven record of high performance on a productive team, within a fast-growing company.
- Ability to gracefully give, synthesize, and leverage feedback
- Proven knack for simplifying complex technical information, as well as identifying the angle that will make a story most compelling to a given audience, including enterprise leaders, and of course, reporters
- Attention to detail: you understand the power of the written word, and the impact of releasing boring/inaccurate/messy/off-brand content into the wild
- Ability to collaborate with, inspire, support, and influence leaders at all levels, with charisma and an open mind
- Demonstrated ability to balance a full plate of high-impact responsibilities, deftly managing competing deadlines and priorities
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!