Back To All Remote Jobs View All Data Analyst Jobs
Business Analyst - (UserTesting)
User Testing Full Time Data Analyst Remote-US
Remote Job Description
The Business Intelligence (BI) team is responsible for the key metrics that inform the company strategy. We work closely with both the senior executive team and operational leaders to build an integrated metric framework, which gives us insight into the health of the company’s core activities. This is an ever-evolving process that requires a deep understanding of the operations of each department and the ability to measure the most important leading and lagging indicators of performance.
We are an analytical and open-minded team. The breadth of our work requires us to be flexible collaborators as we switch gears across our many initiatives. We scale the impact of our work by taking a process driven approach. We invest in building repeatable metrics and business processes that are robust enough to forecast our long-term business health as well as address the ad-hoc opportunities of the day-to-day.
The Business Analyst is a key role that will manage the foundational layer of all of BI’s initiatives. As we continue to scale the BI team, we are looking for an analytical operator to own and further develop our reporting processes.
The Business Analyst will manage the key reports and datasets the BI team uses to measure the company’s health. Beyond ensuring the validity and timeliness of this data, the analyst will be responsible for curating the dashboards and metrics that will guide the strategic focus of the team.
As UserTesting continues to grow, the analyst will be responsible for anticipating the reporting needs of the company and designing our reporting processes accordingly. This will require strong leadership and collaboration skills as they pioneer our future state and drive alignment across our partner teams.
What we're looking for:
- Build key business metrics end-to-end: from data management to metric design and dashboard visualization
- Manage the key SaaS metrics and financial reports that we report to our investors and board of directors
- Continuously design the future state of our reporting process by collaborating with our Business Systems, Data Engineering, and business partner teams
- Work closely with other members of the BI team to better design and build metrics that enhance our analytical capabilities
- Establish best in class processes for data turnaround times and hygiene
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources, data points, and data gathering techniques
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical business operations role, preferably at a technology or high-growth company
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining key company dashboards
- Exceptional SQL skills and a passion for writing simple, scalable queries
- Advanced data organization, analysis, and presentation skills in Microsoft Excel
- Comfortability working with large data sets across multiple sources, which map to complex business processes
- Meticulous attention to detail and an intuitive understanding of data validation
- Strong communication and organizational skills to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and drive an outcome
Why you’ll love working for UserTesting:
We’re honored to be named a 2020 Inc. Best Workplace, and named to Fortune’s 2019 Best Companies to Work For in the Bay Area, among a variety of other awards. Joining UserTesting means being part of a passionate team focused on transforming the way companies learn about their users.
To learn more about our team, culture, and customers, check out our careers page, company blog, and press/awards. Besides a great work environment and the opportunity to change the world we’re also growing fast, — join us!Apply for this job