Back To All Remote Jobs View All Analyst Jobs
Business Analyst - Shogun
Shogun Full Time Analyst Remote-US
Remote Job Description
Shogun is on a mission to help brands create the best eCommerce experiences in the world, and in the process, become the world's best remote company.
We've been growing rapidly since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, and after recently closing our Series B funding round, are now in hyper-growth. Our teams are diverse, fully distributed, and with no offices - we are looking for team members who are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in the United States.
A resourceful, flexible, creative and efficient project manager who will serve as a strategic partner to our Founder, driving forward company special projects with minimal direction. This person will be a trusted colleague and will work closely with leadership on key initiatives.
In This Role You Will...
- Work with the COO to lead and own special projects, conduct market research and analysis, and develop and implement business solutions.
- You will also have the opportunity to work through new, under-developed, ambiguous, or broken processes and work with the COO to plan and resolve them.
- Plan, oversee, drive, and own projects from ideation through to completion.
- Serve as a "force multiplier" for the COO and leadership, taking important company initiatives forward from planning through to execution.
- 5+ years of business analyst, management consulting or project management experience.
- 3+ year of experience at a tech company or as an analyst for venture capital firm investing in software companies
- Market research and quantitative data analysis experience
- Have a passion for process design, implementation, and organization.
- Incredible verbal and written communication skills (as an asynchronous culture, you must be comfortable communicating detailed project-related information in writing). You understand the importance of communication throughout the project lifecycle and can easily establish a communication plan as needed to ensure stakeholders are informed as needed.
- Proven experience prioritizing multiple projects, assignments and maintaining deadlines.
- Self-starter attitude – ability to work in ambiguous environment with minimal direction.
- Experience presenting to leadership and other company executives.
- Demonstrably high levels of integrity and discretion as you will be attending leadership and/or board meetings with confidential information shared.
- Mastery with project management software
- Experience manipulating data sets through statistical software (e.g. R, SAS) or other methods
- Experience working remotely
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
We are hiring in the United States, and are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in these regions without employment visa sponsorship.Apply for this job