Skillshare’s Brand Studio is looking for a summer design intern.
Grow your design skills and launch your creative career with a company focused on learning and growth. As a Skillshare Brand Studio intern, you’ll participate in all aspects of our creative process. You’ll collaborate with our team to create assets for the Skillshare website, brand marketing & email campaigns, and social media. As part of our small-but-mighty team, you’ll get honest critiques and direct feedback to help develop your design skills (did we mention that learning and discovery are super important around here?). This paid, part-time (3 days/week), remote (but generally on NYC / U.S. East Coast time) summer intern position is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to learn the ins and outs of working at a small Brand Studio. You’ll grow your experience in using and evolving an established brand system, and designing for diverse deliverables (video/motion, web, email, social, and ad formats of every kind).
What you'll do:
- Use your design sensibility to deliver impactful imagery for our website and videos
- Deliver assets for our product, marketing, videos and email campaigns
- Collaborate with our team of designers on ideas and art direction for photo shoots
- Join our conceptual design sprints and get better working on fast-paced assignments
Why we're excited about you:
- You’re eager to continue learning and want to work alongside a small team and gain real-life experience
- You’re passionate about design and our platform
- You have a strong eye for imagery, design, and typography
- You love thinking about brand systems and identity
- You have experience with Adobe CC (experience with Figma is a plus)
- You’re excited about, or have experience with, motion graphics (plus)
- You’re organized and reliable
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: You will be responsible for supporting our nimble Design Team; by working closely with them, you will gain experience and learn the ins and outs of working in a Brand Team
- Growth: You will have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and develop your experience working with identity, brand design, marketing and emails.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives. We have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, and millions of members who come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by BuiltinNYC
, one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace
, and a top-rated workplace for dads by Fatherly
. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation
, and inclusive work environment for all.