Back To All Remote Jobs View All Legal Jobs
Attorney - (Modern Family Law)
Modern Family Law Full Time Legal Remote-US
Remote Job Description
Let us introduce ourselves…
Modern Family Law is a tech-forward, compassionate firm that helps clients move on with the rest of their lives. We are offering an amazing remote opportunity for a compassionate Attorney to support our Colorado Springs market. If you are an energetic, forward-thinking, compassionate, and experienced Family Law Attorney, we encourage you to apply.
Visit our careers page here for an inside look at our benefits, team, and culture at Modern Family Law: https://www.modernfamilylaw.com/careers/
Why be on our team?
We're proud to be an equal employment opportunity provider to all people in accordance with all applicable laws. Inclusion and diversity are in our identity! Here are some highlights of our amazing culture:
- Competitive and guaranteed Income.
- Incredible comprehensive benefits: medical, vision, dental, retirement, and more! If you haven’t got your health, you haven’t got anything.
- We consider ourselves to be a team of equals: everyone is critical to our success and, to that regard, we limit stratification wherever possible.
- 100 hour per month billable hours goal; we want every Attorney to have a goal that can be easily attained and regularly exceeded.
- Promotion and advancement; we celebrate the opportunity to promote within and reward our team members for hard work.
- Work/life balance: we understand that people work to live, not live to work. We embrace a healthy work/life balance and promote it by offering unlimited PTO and flexible hours whenever possible.
- Work from Home: We offer a remote work arrangement. We provide all the tools you need to be productive and successful working from home, such as, providing top of line equipment as well as the utilizing the best collaboration software.
Why do our Attorneys love the MFL team?
At Modern Family Law we want our Attorneys to be Attorneys. We understand that most of you did not go to law school to spend so much time of your day on marketing or finance. Our dedicated team generates the clients for you, so you have the freedom to advocate for the client from start to finish. If you need help or advice along the way, we are eager to provide you with the tools and support you need to continue your pursuit to be a better advocate in the practice of law. When it comes to billing, our impressive finance team steps in to eliminate your need to be a debt collector.
What does an Attorney do at MFL?
- Perform consultations with potential clients an retain them
- Advise clients concerning family law matters
- Evaluate issues and develop strategies and arguments
- Prepare and draft legal documents
- Prepare and present cases to judicial officers
- Represent clients in court as 1st chair and other case-related proceedings such as mediation and depositions
- Negotiate settlements
- Confer with colleagues and contractors to help clients along their way
- Collaborate with attorneys and assigned paralegal
What does it take to be an Attorney at MFL?
- Juris Doctorate
- Licensed and in good standings with the Colorado State Bar
- Demonstrated interest in family law
- Compassion for and desire to help others
- Team-oriented with a positive attitude
Modern Family Law is happy to make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position as well as throughout the application process. Be a part of Modern Family Law, be a part of helping people transition to the rest of their lives.
About Modern Family Law:
Modern Family Law is a tech-forward firm that provides compassionate representation to everyone. We value our employees and provide them with exceptional compensation and benefits and a relaxed work environment. We want you to be an expert in our field. We serve clients who are going through one of the most difficult times of their lives. Everything we do is to ensure our clients are met with compassion and empathy. We believe we should treat clients the way we'd want to be treated if we were the client.Apply for this job