Back To All Remote Jobs View All Data Science Jobs
Associate Data Scientist - Spotify
Spotify Full Time Data Science
Remote Job Description
The Freemium Analytics team is part of the core business strategy organization for the Spotify subscription business. You’ll play a crucial role in the growth and direction of Spotify as we grow to 170M+ subscribers around the globe. At your fingertips, you’ll have access to all of the data Spotify has to offer and will get the opportunity to be creative with how you derive insights and strategies from that. Above all, your work will impact the way the world (Latin America in particular) experiences music!
You will work with a distributed team of world-class analysts, data scientists, business leaders, marketers, and engineers. We are all passionate about what we do and move forward with high impact projects at a high pace. Learning and improving is part of our daily routine, and you will be free to develop your skills and ways of working.
What you'll do
- Develop data driven strategies to drive the growth of Spotify subscribers across the Latin America region.
- Create and communicate impactful recommendations and models that improve our product offering, user messaging, and channel optimization.
- Build scalable data pipelines and dashboards to facilitate business performance tracking.
- Work closely with business partners to understand the change they are driving and help them discover new opportunities for growth.
- Design and execute comprehensive tests, making sure that we track all relevant metrics and that we’re learning at every step along the way.
Who you are
- At least 2+ years of professional experience synthesizing insights from data using tools such as Python, SQL or R. Experience with distributed systems (Redshift, Hadoop, BigQuery) a plus.
- Intellectually curious, creative, and diligent - you enjoy thinking about the business as much as the data!
- Have experience collaborating with stakeholders to measure the impact of business/marketing initiatives and presenting those findings in coherent recommendations.
- Have a background in Economics, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or a relevant field.
- Comfortable working on a globally distributed team (with occasional international travel).
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- We ask that our team members be located within Central Standard time zone, Eastern Standard time zone, or Brasília time zone for the purposes of our collaboration hours
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.Apply for this job