Back To All Remote Jobs View All Software Engineer Jobs
Android Engineer - Caper
Caper Full Time Software Engineer Remote-US
Remote Job Description
Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons with over $13M in funding to date. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry. We are looking for engineers to join our talented technical team.
Come join our team if...
You MUST have:
- 1+ year of Android development experience
- Familiarity with common Android / JVM libs like Dagger2, Retrofit, RxJava, and Jetpack Package
- Common development tools including Git, Linux or Mac cmdline
- Knowledge of monitoring, optimizing, and profiling of Android applications leveraging tools including LeakCanary, and one or more of the following: Lint, Coala, SonarQube, Firebase crashlytics
- Ability to write clean, modularized code. Understand common Android architecture like MVVM and MVP
- Vast knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as data structures, operating system, database, networking, as well as domain-driven design experience is preferred
- Fluency in advanced topics about Adroid, like NDK, Kotlin, etc.
- Skills to complete unit test and instrumental tests
You are ready to:
- Build and maintain Caper's core application
- Work closely with the product team to deliver new features and improvements
- Participate in architecture design
- Conquer the World!
- Competitive salary with equity
- Attractive Health Benefits
- Unlimited snacks
- Unlimited PTO