As Cleo’s first Analytics Engineer you will develop and maintain data models that will be the backbone for reporting and amplify the productivity of our analysts. You will create best in class practices around data modelling, testing and cataloging. As Cleo grows rapidly towards 100M worldwide users, you will take the lead on ensuring we can move fast, make data driven decisions and enable self serve data exploration.
We have a flat and open engineering culture where data and evidence beats opinion and hierarchy. We passionately believe in forming autonomous, cross functional teams who are empowered to deliver our ambitious strategy. You’ll work alongside our engineering team to help us collect, transform, store, and serve data across the company. You’ll also work closely with the analytics team here at Cleo; as well as across the business to provide training and guidance on how to utilise our data.
Looking to do some work that matters?
We get it – it’s why most people come to Cleo. Together we’re fighting for the world’s financial health, building an AI that helps you make the best money decisions from day one. We’ve helped 4 million people so far with personalised insights and a voice you don’t expect in FinTech. But it’s time to do more.
As we enter the next phase, we’re looking for more improvisers, data geeks and grown ups who want to own their work and create meaningful change.
- Creating and owning the data models in our Redshift data warehouse
- Managing our ELT pipelines that feed reporting systems and analytical teams
- Applying software engineering best practice to our data environment (e.g. testing and version control)
- Work with various business and engineering teams to ensure reliable, scalable, robust architecture for our data platform
- Work with the engineering team to ensure application design accommodates reporting and analytics requirements
- Supporting product analysts with automation, tooling, data pipelines and data engineering expertise
- 5+ years of software engineering experience with a focus on data
- Extensive experience modelling data to amplify productivity using tooling such as dbt
- Experience with data warehousing solutions such as Snowflake, Redshift, or similar managed solutions
- Experience programming in one or more general purpose programming languages, with a preference for Python
- Experience with ETL tools such as Stitch, AWS Glue, Google Dataflow, or Apache Spark
- Solid SQL experience (PostgreSQL preferred). You can not only interact with a database but design new schemata
- Commercial experience working AWS technologies such as EC2, S3, EMR and Redshift
- Best practices around data quality, documentation, and governance
- Experience with defining and creating reporting layers for visualization tools
What do you get for all your hard work?
- An above market compensation package (Base + Equity). We're prepared to pay for the very best
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups anywhere in the world who are backed by top VC firm, Balderton
- The team is exceptional. You'll get to work with brilliantly forward-thinking and dedicated individuals every day
- Our mission is standout. We want to radically improve everyone’s relationship with money. We're not maximising the time consumers spend in a feed, getting fast food delivered, or building an incrementally better bank. We're changing an industry in a visceral way, which you get to see every day in our customer feedback.
We are committed to making Cleo a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We are making continuous changes in order to make sure that all voices, especially those of minorities are heard, supported and celebrated. Our work doesn't stop at hiring, and we are providing every employee with training, support and development throughout their Cleo career, alongside training specific to inclusivity.