We’re searching for an accounting specialist to join our team focused on payroll, commissions, and benefits processing. You will work within our highly-collaborative team to ensure our employees are paid accurately and on time. You will also serve as the face of our team for any payroll-related questions from our employees. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for processing daily customer cash receipts and keeping our records up to date. For the right person, this role is a nice blend of internal customer service and disciplined accounting practices.
Full-cycle Payroll Processing Duties:
- Process semi-monthly and manual off-cycle payroll requests
- Prepare payroll entries for general ledger posting
- Prepare 401k funding file each pay cycle
- Monthly posting and reconciliation of FSA, HSA & Commuter benefit accounts
- Prepare monthly self-reporting file for company-paid Life & Disability premium
- Prepare monthly workers’ compensation premium allocation
- Prepare monthly file for FP&A update for payroll-related staffing changes
Commissions Processing Duties:
- Process monthly commissions including month-end accrual entry and payroll file
- Maintain commission platform for all plan adds, terminations and changes
- Distribute monthly commission statements to all plan participants and respond to inquiries and make necessary adjustments
- Process monthly commission expense accounting and prepare general ledger adjusting journal
Month-end Close Support Duties:
- Assist with month-end close cycle, as needed
- Assist with delinquent customer accounts, as necessary
- 3+ years of experience in accounting with a working knowledge of general accounting principles, including payroll and commission processing
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Collaborative attitude and effective communication
- Able to work and problem solve independently and collaborate with other department members when needed
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and multi-tasking abilities
- Desire to work in a changing start-up environment
- Proficiency with accounting software and Excel (NetSuite, Namely Payroll and Xactly a plus)
Every small business journey is different, filled with its own twists and turns. Mineral is with them every step of the way, taking the guesswork out of HR and compliance so that they’re always ready for whatever lies ahead.
Mineral brings together the best of two HR and compliance powerhouses: ThinkHR and Mammoth.
By combining certified HR experts with tech-enabled tools, Mineral takes the guesswork out of HR. Our innovative platform is a one-stop resource for small businesses, filled with everything they need to tackle even the trickiest workplace issues with confidence.
Humble brag alert: Mineral has been consistently recognized for our award-winning culture, and we’re especially proud of our 2020 Great places to Work certification. Simply put, Mineral is a place where people want to be, which could explain why we’ve also been ranked among the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
As a company, Mineral is also made up of incredibly diverse, vibrant individuals, working together for the greater good. We’re here to help our clients build healthy, thriving organizations, and we’re looking for some like-minded people to help us do it.
Benefits and Perks
Generous medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
401k + company match
Flexible PTO + Company Holidays
Corporate Bonus Program
Paid Family Leave
Other market competitive perks and benefits