Accountant - (Knock)
Knock Full Time Accounting Remote-US Remote-Canada
Remote Job Description
Our homes are our most valuable asset and also the most difficult to buy and sell. Knock is on a mission to make trading in your house as simple and certain as trading in your car. Started by founding team members of Trulia.com (NYSE: TRLA, acquired by Zillow for $3.5B), Knock is an online home trade-in platform that uses data science to price homes accurately, technology to sell them quickly and a dedicated team of professionals to guide you every step of the way. We share the same top-tier investors as iconic brands like Netflix, Tivo, Match, HomeAway and Houzz.
We’re looking for an Accountant with the ability to regularly operate on East Coast Time to join our distributed Finance team and support Operations in our markets. Reporting directly to the Accounting Manager, you will be a full-time Accountant for Knock and join a rapidly growing startup.
We are looking for someone who has proven experience working remote on a distributed team, who is highly accurate, meticulous and efficient.
You should be passionate about instituting best practices, creating efficiency, and constantly improving our tools, systems, and processes. Knock prides itself in providing an excellent experience for customers, partners, and vendors--and someone who can embody this ideal no matter the function will enjoy working here.
As an Accountant you will be hands-on in all aspects of day to day accounting including:
- Review settlement statements and prepare wires for deposits and property acquisitions
- Process property acquisition journals in ERP system
- Reconcile property settlement statements to estimates
- Manage accounts receivable (a/r)
- Initiate loans and insurance coverage
- Interface with outside vendors and fellow staff to support property transaction processing
- Assist with month end close and reconciliations where needed
- Record all banking and credit card transactions, assist with cash forecasting
- Upload payroll journal entries
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis
- Excel skills to create VLookups and PivotTables
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- 3+ years of experience in an Accountant position
- Proven experience successfully working remote
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are a must
- Expensify and Google Apps; Sage Intacct is a plus
- Ability to work under pressure, juggle many tasks at once and still meet deadlines
- Project accounting and real estate experience is preferred
- Analytical and organizational skills coupled with the ability to multitask effectively without compromising the quality of work
- Experience working in a startup environment is a plus
- Self-starter, with strong ability to work with minimal direction and to set effective project plans. Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Professional, articulate and confidential
What we can offer you:
- An amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building the next multi-billion dollar consumer brand around the single largest purchase of our lives
- You will be working with a passionate, mission-driven, distributed team that is disrupting the status quo.
- Competitive cash and equity compensation, full medical, dental, vision benefits, 401k, flexible work schedule (including 100% remote), unlimited vacation (2 weeks mandatory) and sick time.
We have offices in New York, San Francisco, Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh, Dallas-Fort Worth, Phoenix, and Denver with more on the way. In fact, we are proud to be a distributed company with employees in 18 different states. This is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building a multi-billion dollar consumer brand in an industry that is long overdue for a new way of doing things. You will be working with a passionate, mission-driven team that is disrupting the status quo.
Knock is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.Apply for this job