The Account Manager will be part of our growing Account Management team and work with Sales, Customer Support, Product and technical teams to provide our customers a seamless experience. You will be responsible for creating and managing relationships, maintaining account health, providing product feedback and being a customer advocate. In this role, you will work with internal and external stakeholders and will need to balance multiple requests. Success in this role directly ties to the value we provide our customers.
What You’ll do
- Responsible for maintaining and driving existing customer spend, identifying areas for Fastly expansion that create mutual success
- Monitor relationship and account health, establishing long-term strategic plans
- Accelerate customer adoption and ensure customer happiness
- Own overall relationship with identified clients - be their go-to person at Fastly
- Actively engage with customers to understand their business via formal and informal methods
- Collaborate with the product, marketing and sales teams to provide feedback for ongoing customer support
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of proven track record in a role focusing on customer relationship development and growth
- A sense of curiosity to understand customer goals coupled with an ability to understand and align technical concepts
- Strong project management skills, high detail orientation and exceptional organizational skills
- Thrives in a multitasking environment, with an ability to adjust priorities
- Independent, self-disciplined and possess strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong customer service; professional and friendly demeanor
- Reputation for integrity and dedicated work ethic with desire for ownership of process success
- Fluent spoken & written English required, tailoring depth to fit varying audiences
- Business proficiency in Mandarin, both written and verbal, highly preferred
We value a variety of voices, so this is not a laundry list. You’ll be a good candidate if you have experience in SOME of these:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field of study
- Technical background highly valued
- CDN experience
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.