← Back to all remote jobs
Sr Software Engineer, Production Experience (Marqeta)
Remote Job Description
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 in 2019, Marqeta powers modern payment solutions for companies innovating new services and process flows in a digital world. Our platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
Our Platform is built by developers for developers! Marqeta’s platform enables payment authorization decisions, cardholder data security, instant card issuing, in-app provisioning directly to digital wallets, and real-time funding with our exclusive Just-in-Time (JIT) funding.
As a Backend Engineer, you will help us scale the technology as our business continues to grow while staying focused on shipping software that matters to our customers. You will help to innovate on various aspects of Engineering and Distributed Architecture, focus on the CI/CD process for delivering quality products in the true sense of lean development. You will contribute to our primarily Java-based systems.
As an Engineer, we have a number of teams that work on challenges like:
- Card Fulfillment, Cases/Disputes Management, Tokenization, Commercial Payments, On-boarding, SDKs
- Building a modern credit-issuing service to power the next generation of payment innovators
- Multiplying the force of Marqeta’s product engineering by developing common foundational systems that are incorporated into all of Marqeta’s products
- Web applications & products around fraud
- Design, develop, implement, and deliver high-quality products to Marqeta’s customers.
- Make simple, for both our customers and for ourselves. Develop testable, scalable, trustworthy systems that eliminate manual tasks from the financial industry.
- Prioritize and ship features in line with your team’s roadmap - working in a team environment to deliver effectively.
- Uplift those around you and make Marqeta better through your presence. Mentor other engineers on the team, drawing on your experience to provide thoughtful direction.
- Apply modern best practices in your designs and implementations.
- We are hiring Software Engineers with 5+ years of engineering experience.
- Experience with transactional RDBMS such as MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL Server, or Oracle.
- A strong passion to write code with great quality and test coverage.
- Strong communication skills - including the ability to listen to the needs of others and comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present effectively in both oral and written presentations to all levels in the organization.
- Team-oriented approach – can effectively lead a project or participate as an effective team member as well as work cross-functionally with other organizations.
Bonus points for
- Experience with Payments
- Production Experience with modern engineering and cloud tools
- Knowledge of a scripting language
- Having previously worked on transition to a Microservices based architecture
- A technical blog, a public Github repo, or contributions to open source projects
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Monthly commuter and parking subsidy
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts, and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. Marqeta is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Apply for this job