← Back to all remote jobs
Software Engineer, APIs - Cryptowatch - Remote
Remote Job Description
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the Role
This is a fully remote role.
Cryptowatch is Kraken's professional charting, trading, and market analysis platform. Join the APIs team and help scale our infrastructure and build new data products for our clients. Cryptowatch offers a REST API for market data, a WebSocket API for streaming data and trading, and SDKs. Our APIs are used both internally and externally for a wide range of financial tools.
- You are passionate about writing fast, efficient software in Go
- You have a solid understanding of HTTP and WebSockets
- You are proficient in SQL
- You are comfortable in a Linux environment and can work with scripting tools like bash
- You have worked on a team before, understand software development methodologies, and write clean, testable code
- You have a security mindset, understand common threats, and how to avoid them
- You are a team player who values transparency and communication
What you’ll do
- Build API services and data products in Go
- Contribute to our open-source SDKs
- Participate in code reviews, technical discussions, and other team activities
A strong candidate will also
- Protocol buffers
- PostgreSQL and Redis
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Apply for this job