← Back to all remote jobs
Senior Backend Engineer Node.js - Alacrity
Remote Job Description
Alacrity is a well funded early-stage startup founded by seasoned legal, finance and procurement professionals. Our mission is to create technologies which enhance the relationship between corporates and law firms to improve service delivery, reduce costs and manage relationships more efficiently. The legal industry is changing rapidly and we’re excited to help.
This is a remote-first opportunity for people residing within 3 hours of GMT.
Alacrity is looking to hire a senior, self-motivated engineer to join our team of 5 engineers. Although you will be surrounded by great engineers, you must be able to work independently and take initiative. We're looking for strong architectural and service-design skills as well as full appreciation of code quality standards.
- You love getting things done and deployed to the users.
- You are hungry to learn new skills and constantly strive to improve.
- You know and appreciate automated testing, clean code and documentation.
- You care deeply about your work, your team and the users.
- You want to work at a startup with a reasonable and sane working environment.
Things you will get to do
- Further develop our Node.js API.
- Create technical specifications for new product features.
- Review product security (security is taken very seriously here).
- Improve our AWS infrastructure.
- Mentor your team mates.
- Constantly learn from other engineers.
Your Ideal Skill Set
- GraphQL experience (we use Apollo).
- Experience with devops (AWS, Docker and Terraform).
- Team leading experience.
The Recruitment Process
- Send us your application.
- Have a 20-minute initial call. This interview is non-technical in nature.
- Solve a small offline exercise at your convenience.
- Have a technical interview with Alacrity’s engineers discussing your exercise and other technical aspects related to your job.
- Have an interview with our CTO and chat about your ambitions and motivations.
- Have a final chat with our CEO.
- Open and transparent workplace.
- Very light on meetings other than daily standup and weekly planning.
- Work from where you are the most productive, this is a remote opportunity.
- Regular company meetups.
- Your own high-spec Macbook.
- Annual budget for conferences, subscriptions, etc.
- Genuine product involvement.
- Contributory pension (for UK based employees).
- Option to work from the WeWork Moorgate office (for London based employees).
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply for this job