← Back to all remote jobs
Event Manager - (Netlify)
Remote Job Description
Netlify is changing the way people build web projects, and people seem to like it! We are a growing team of talented, thoughtful, and diverse people rapidly shipping features to our customers.
We're looking to hire our first events manager! Events are central to Netlify's mission and how we go to market. This will be an important and influential role, as you'll take point organizing the JAMstack conferences, manage the industry event sponsorship calendar and execution, and help support local meetup groups with coveted swag and content.
Netlify is growing, and so are our events. In 2018, we hosted the first JAMstack_conf in San Francisco. In 2019, we're hosting three events in NYC, London, and San Francisco, and we expect to double attendees year over year. Join us!
We’re a venture-backed company, and so far we've raised ~$45M from Andreessen Horowitz and Kleiner Perkins, Bloomberg, and prominent founders and professionals in our space.
What is my role?
You'll be primarily focused on the Marketing Team's event needs, working on a diverse set of projects that facilitate our marketing and community-building strategy. You'll have the opportunity to:
- Be the primary program manager for JAMstack conferences, including establishing the business goals with the marketing leadership and executive team, managing the budget, driving attendance, and managing the speakers and sponsors.
- Influence industry event sponsorship strategy, based on business goals with defined criteria and processes. Work with the team to evaluate and make sponsorship investment decisions.
- Execute on industry event sponsorshipsーdevelop messaging, signage, collateral, calls to action, interactive activities. Coordinate in advance with industry event managers and Netlify attendees and speakers.
- Gain a clear understanding of Netlify's audience and how we can most effectively engage with them at events.
- Market both JAMstack conferences as well as Netlify's presence at industry events to make sure we engage with the most attendees.
- Manage swag (currently using Corporate Couture for fulfillment) and fun promotional items for events, our enthusiastic users (and for ourselves)!
- Support JAMstack meetup group leaders around the world with swag and administrative help.
- Collaborate closely with the marketing, sales, and developer experience teams who manage, speak at, and attend many of the events. ✨
What are the requirements?
Here's what we need to see from you:
- 5+ years of experience managing events, ideally in the technology industry.
- Organized and detail-oriented. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing against multiple event-driven deadlines.
- Able to seamlessly and effectively manage multiple vendors and contractors required as we scale JAMstack conferences.
- Because so many Netlify team members are involved in events, timely and clear communication is key. You will also be expected to uphold Netlify standards for external communication with important speakers and sponsors.
- Understanding for how to maximize attendee experience and engagement at the conferences we host. Effectively combine messaging, campaigns, and activities to maximize our sponsorship presence at industry events.
- Mastery of event financial models; ability to manage a budget and make the best decisions based on business goals.
- A healthy relationship with feedback, and ability to effectively elicit it from technical experts as well as sales and marketing teams.
- A people person, willing to attend and network at events, build relationships with sponsors, work across the organization, and motivate the team.
- Willingness to travel to attend JAMstack conferences and industry events will be required.
- If remote, ability to work hours that at least overlap for a portion of your day with the US Pacific time zone.
Bonus points if you:
- Have done event marketing in the technology space, specifically targeting developers, documentarian and designers.
- Have run events that scaled beyond 1,000+ attendees.
- Have contacts at relevant companies in the ecosystem who might sponsor or support our events.
- Are comfortable working in Notion and/or a GitHub-based collaboration workflow.
In addition to a resume, please provide a cover letter explaining why you are interested in working with us.
As part of the interview process, be prepared to share videos, pictures, and experiences of events you've managed in the past to understand your approach to effective event management.
We can't wait to meet you! 🎉
What is Netlify all about?
Netlify is a platform for developers to build, deploy, and manage modern web projects. Basically, it's an easy-to-use backend for your static websites and single page apps. Since 2015 we've onboarded 600,000+ businesses and developers.
We aim to perfect a unified platform that automates code, creating highly performant sites and web-apps. Users should be able to simply push their code and let us take care of the rest.
We've raised ~$45M from investors including A16Z, Kleiner Perkins and the founders of Slack, Yelp, GitHub, Heroku, Rackspace Cloud and Figma.
About the team
The Netlify team is small but mighty; We are a fast-growing startup. You will be working with team members across the company. We need people who can help us build a path towards the future. To learn more about our team and who we are click here.
We believe that empowered, engaged employees do the best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions for improvement not just in your daily job, but in many other aspects of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco, or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot - particularly, pairing and collaborating - we want you to succeed! We don’t want you to work too hard (burnout is real), and we do want to encourage you to grow (impostor syndrome is also real) - and we’ll help you do that.
Netlify is devoted to building a team of people with different backgrounds and lifestyles. We eagerly invite applications from people of all kinds. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please do let us know.
About 55% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco. However to maintain a distributed culture we have Tuesdays and Thursdays as work from home days.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and equity. We encourage you to speak at conferences and will pay your attendance costs as you represent Netlify at these events.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
With your application, please include: A thoughtful cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify. A resume or short listing of job history. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine.)
When we receive your complete application with the items above, we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Apply for this job