← Back to all remote jobs
Product Manager (Nava)
Remote Job Description
Nava is at the forefront of reimagining how our government serves its people, and we’re looking for a Product Manager to drive our vision forward.
You'll help us execute on our mission of reimagining the digital services our government provides. Working directly with government and across Nava’s engineering, design, and business teams, you’ll create experiences that improve the lives of millions of Americans. You care deeply about end-users and are passionate about crafting simple and usable solutions.
You’ll be responsible for being the market expert for our products, deeply understanding our end-users and populations we serve, collaborating with leadership on our product vision, actively communicating and pitching our vision to the Nava product team and government partners, and making sure the company is executing in the chosen product development direction.
What you'll do
- Define the vision, goals, and measures of success for the products and services you manage
- Work with designers, business analysts, and technical leads to discover and synthesize market research, user needs, business requirements, and technical approaches
- Define the direction, scope, and priority of projects, from high-level initiatives to specific features, user stories, and business metrics
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to develop and ship projects
- Proactively socialize, iterate on, and build buy-in for product initiatives with the team, government partners, and other contractors collaborate with the project management team to prioritize roadmap and inbound units of work
- Represent Nava’s outcome-centric and user-centric approach in discovery meetings with agencies and contractors understand and communicate the needs of end-users and population segments we serve and government partners we work with
- Measure product progress towards business goals or user needs and translate data insights into action make tactical decisions to improve the design, define requirements, and generate stakeholder buy-in for our desired path forward
What we're looking for
- At least four years of experience as a Product Manager of a cross-functional team
- Experience running and/or shipping consumer web applications
- Ability to generate very strong product plans and build buy-in across the team, our government partners, and other contractors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for technical, user experience, and project management trade-offs; enthusiastic communicator
- A strong bias towards action; ability to step up into team gaps and ambiguous situations to structure the team’s action plan
- Ability to execute with incomplete information; great product instincts and an ability to create order from divergent needs
- Ability to define a product objective, and logically reverse engineer the path and communications to achieve the objective
- Ability to identify market trends and shifts that will affect product direction, and updating plans based on future expectations
- An adaptive, empathetic, collaborative, and positive mindset
We're a small team working to radically improve our government, so everyone that joins us has a direct impact on the direction and success of Nava. We are stewards – we hold a deep responsibility towards the systems that we work with. We are a community – we value collaboration both within our teams and with the many hardworking people within the government. We offer generous benefits and equity.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Nava. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note that we participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Apply for this job