← Back to all remote jobs
Remote Job Description
We're a team of funny, smart, engineering maniacs who are focused on getting the job done in a happy, stress-free way. Alone, we are contributors to many open source projects and as a team, we're a collective force to be reckoned with! We work tirelessly in small, organized groups, helping our customers build out and improve their applications through development, testing, mentoring and support while we remain focused on creating powerful open source tools for developers everywhere. As part of the team, you will play a large role in contributing your ideas and energy to crafting elegant solutions for our customers and contributing to the exciting world of open source!
Who we are looking for
Motivated and passionate people who enjoy working in a team-oriented environment. The most successful candidates value ownership and collaboration and are self-motivated, detail-oriented, problem solvers. This is an important role in our company and here are some of the things we will consider:
Qualifications on the client-side
- BS in Computer Science, or similar degree
- Excellent coding, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Committed to sound testing, best practices, and documentation
Qualifications on the server-side
- Experience building, deploying and maintaining web services using node.js
- Knowledge of API design principles and best-practices
- Interested in and/or practiced Domain Driven Development
- Familiarity with relational databases and ORMs
- Clear understanding of how software performance, scalability, and security can be monitored/impacted/improved
- Experience using AWS/Azure/GCP or any other cloud platform a plus
What you can expect to do
- Write new Web applications for our customers
- Provide upgrades and fixes to our customers' existing apps
- Participate in coaching, training and leveling up other developers
- Develop cloud computing solutions on a variety of platforms and languages such as AWS, Node.JS, etc.
- Write and maintain automated tests and deployments using Docker and related technologies
- Create and manage DevOps tools for deployment and management of solutions
- Contribute patches and enhancements to many open source projects
- Enjoy a refreshing work-life balance
Where you will work
You'll work at home! Your home just needs to be somewhere within the United States.
A highly competitive salary, plus great benefits.
Apply for this job