← Back to all remote jobs
Digital Marketing Manager - Thorn
Remote Job Description
Thorn is seeking a Digital Marketing Manager with a vision for leveraging digital engagement to build passionate, connected communities and drive social impact. As Thorn’s Digital Marketing Manager, you will be the voice of the organization’s digital properties, working across teams to deliver cohesive and inspiring messaging that serves a variety of communications needs.
Thorn builds technology to defend children from sexual abuse. Our online communities are critical to our mission as they support key education, awareness, fundraising, and product efforts. You will be a part of a growing and powerful marketing team, leveraging your skills to further our goals, while connecting Thorn to the latest in digital innovation.
If you thrive in a dynamic, distributed team, are passionate about the power of digital communications, and have a unique talent for bringing stories to life across diverse audiences and digital properties, we’re excited to meet you. We are looking for a candidate with demonstrated ability to create and implement digital communication campaigns with proven results, leverage data and best practices to inform strategies, activate communities and move people.
What you’ll do:
- Be Thorn’s voice across all digital properties and audiences.
- Create and implement the content roadmap for digital communications, collaborating across the organization with the development, programs and product teams.
- Manage all aspects of digital communication, including strategic development, content creation, social media, email campaigns, blogs, and thorn.org content.
- Brainstorm creative strategies to grow and engage our targeted online community and ensure the Thorn message is reaching new and diverse audiences.
- Manage issue resolution as it arises on social or email.
- Execute content development to support the annual fund strategy.
- Analyze digital property and social brand performance and elevate key metrics to identify opportunities to expand our Annual Fund and support organizational OKRs.
- Identify and partner with external resources - agencies or contractors - as needed to deliver against goals.
- Stay on top of digital and nonprofit trends and leverage emerging capabilities in the digital landscape.
- Own role of internal digital educator, ensuring that teams across the organization understand and participate with Thorn’s digital and social tools, know our key online audiences and how we activate them and understand how our digital strategies can benefit all functions.
- Be an integral part of Thorn’s marketing capacity, reporting to Head of Marketing.
Skills we’re seeking:
If you don’t have experience with some of these, fear not. You could still be a perfect fit, as long as you have the desire and ability to learn. If you don’t have the experience matching our list, but believe you have experience that achieves the same goal, we want to know about it in your cover letter.
- Commitment to putting the children we serve at the center of everything you do.
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Three to five years of experience in digital marketing, with significant experience managing social media campaigns and writing for digital audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to represent Thorn publicly through blogs, email, and social media.
- Flexible and willing to contribute to projects, campaigns, and communications across the organization.
- Experience with a variety of digital platforms and measurement tools, including WordPress, social media platforms, social media management tools, and Google Analytics.
- History of managing email marketing campaigns.
- Experience with PPC advertising (Google Ads, Facebook, Twitter, etc) a plus.
- Experience with CRM tools, particularly Salesforce, a plus.
Thorn is a strong and flexible team because of the diverse backgrounds of our staff. This includes professional background, subject matter expertise, culture, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, hobbies, etc. We strongly encourage women, minorities, and people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Your skills are needed here.
Apply for this job