← Back to all remote jobs
Developer Advocate (Marqeta)
Remote Job Description
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 in 2019, Marqeta powers modern payment solutions for companies innovating new services and process flows in a digital world. Our platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solve challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all the job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
The Developer Relations team at Marqeta delivers the content and tools that support and grow our developer community. As a fast-growing B2B payments platform, we have a diverse customer base with a wide range of skill levels and experiences in payments and financial technology.
This is a multi-disciplinary role that collaborates with teams across the company. The ideal candidate for this position is a content creator with a strong technical background. You should be as comfortable writing code as you are writing a blog post. You are technically-minded and customer-focused. You love building communities and have experience engaging a developer audience.
In this role, you will focus on creating engaging written content like blogs and knowledgebase articles. On any given day, you might write a tutorial to help onboard new customers, build a demo based on a new endpoint, or meet with a developer to better understand their experience integrating with our APIs.
- Create engaging blog posts and videos targeting our developer community that demystifies the Marqeta platform using code samples and demos.
- Regularly reach out to prospects and customer developers to learn about their pain points.
- Answer frequently asked questions and write other short articles for our Knowledge Base.
- Give talks at relevant meet-ups and conferences to evangelize our platform, build a network of contacts, and drive Marqeta thought leadership in the community.
- Organize and participate in Marqeta developer events.
- Research and utilize new and trending technologies.
- 3-5 years of experience working in developer relations, advocacy, or evangelism, or you have other related software engineering or content creation experience. (Please have a portfolio of blogs, videos, and demos ready to share.)
- You love engaging with developers and building communities.
- You have experience creating content for enterprise and B2B products.
- You have a solid understanding of RESTful APIs and how developers use them.
- You have experience building instructional demos and prototypes that developers can use to aid their integration.
- You are an excellent writer and speaker and are equally comfortable in both one-on-one and large group settings.
- You have experience piloting new projects and can manage them through delivery.
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Monthly commuter and parking subsidy
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts, and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. Marqeta is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Apply for this job