← Back to all remote jobs
Community Marketing Manager - Timescale
Remote Job Description
Timescale is looking for an experienced Community Marketing Manager. You’ll be responsible for building our community outreach strategy, growing our influence and contributions to communities around the world. We don’t believe in one-off community interaction. We believe in long-term, collaborative, and technically credible work. You’ll coordinate the efforts of Developer Advocates and our product/engineering team to build authentic and mutually beneficial relationships that grow awareness of Timescale. You’ll be a tireless advocate for diversity in the community, helping community leaders and the communities they represent deliver positive and inclusive experiences. You’ll need to crisply communicate strategy and plans to all stakeholders and build systems where we can report on our successes.
(This role is based in San Francisco, CA, or Remote)
- Identify the top communities with whom Timescale should engage
- Build mutually beneficial relationships with communities and community leaders
- Build systems and processes that clearly define your strategic direction and enable Developer Advocates to be self-sufficient
- Maintain positive relationships with community leaders around the world and secure speaking opportunities for Timescale to deliver authentic, technical talks at key meetups
- Maintain the technical credibility and authenticity of the entire program at all times
- Build a reporting system to evaluate and measure ROI, and work closely with our analytics team to build dashboards and other tools to measure efficacy
- Manage our public Slack and social handles
Experience and Skills:
- An innate understanding of developer communities and what excites them
- Default to detailed, precise, action-oriented communication.
- A process hero who can turn complex, byzantine projects into simple checklists and tasks.
- A problem solver whose default behavior is to seek solutions and fixes.
- Exceptional cross-organizational skills with the ability to gracefully navigate, listen, synthesize, influence, de-escalate and re-route issues across the org chart; comfortable asking for help from leadership.
- Highly motivated self-starter who relies on strong sense of self and work ethic to produce quality and quantity
- Problem solver who seeks sustainable solutions vs isolated fixes
- A deep understanding and appreciation for the constant and rapid shift in how and where people consume content and share their experiences.
- A passion for developers and nerd culture.
- A belief that organizations and industries are best when they are diverse and inclusive, and a commitment to ensuring that everything we do reflects that belief
- Works well independently and often remotely/from home (if desired)
- Travel as required to community events around the world
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock options
- 401k retirement plan
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- FSA and Dependent FSA plans
- Educational self-improvement benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible schedule
- Awesome coworkers
Time Series is everywhere, and Timescale is helping developers and companies make sense of it.
Businesses worldwide trust TimescaleDB for mission-critical applications from industries as varied as manufacturing, finance, utilities, telecom, mining, ad tech, oil & gas, and the smart home. Applications built on TimescaleDB include IOT, complex monitoring systems, industrial machine data analysis, geospatial asset tracking, operational data warehousing, and financial risk management; via the edge, on premise, and cloud deployments.
Timescale is based in New York City (HQ) and Stockholm, and is backed by top tier investors, including Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Icon Ventures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
Apply for this job